Tracey Beaty joined us for something a little different in January. Normally we have experts on how to grow better, how to encourage a better environment or how good gardening is for you. What about what to do with all that wonderful produce. Yes we cook and eat it, but what medicinal properties are locked away in all our wonderful herbs and spices?
Well, Tracey definitely answered that question. It was obvious from the get-go that Tracey was an expert; knowledgable and passionate about what she does. I’m sure for most of us, this was a great first step into the word of using herbs and spices to tackle some of the many problems we all face, leaving us to get on with our gardening. If you need a recap, here is our top ten tips:
- There’s lots of different ways to take herbs and spices, capsule, brews, ointments etc…
- Growing ginger and consuming is great for nausea]
- Turmeric: Make golden paste.
- Stuff a lemon with cloves to deter wasps
- Make infusions with 1-2 heaped teaspoons of fresh or dry herbs.
- Insomnia is often related to poor digestion. Consume mint.
- Rosemary and Nettleseed are great for Artheritis
- G Baldwins is great for supplies
- Check out the Herb Society for more info
- Always work with your GP for medical conditions